Worried About How to Stop Hair Growth? Here Are Some Brilliant Solutions!
Do you have a date with the guy of your dreams in a few days? Those unwanted hairs in the legs and the private regions might be bothering you like hell! There could be numerous reasons for the growth of unwanted hair. We know how annoying it can be! Don't worry; we have the perfect solutions for how to stop hair growth. From natural solutions to laser treatments, you have lots of options to go with.
Let's not waste any more words and jump straight to the point. Here are some great options you could go for.
Well, shaving is the most obvious answer to your question - how to stop hair growth. You could find wide ranges of razors to suit your shaving style and skin condition. Before shaving, you should use warm wet towels to damp the area. We would recommend you to apply shaving foams or gels instead of going with just clear water. The damp cloth and the shaving foam would soften up the hair bristles.
The Shaving Process - Grab the razor at a 90-degree angle and cut down the hair with a short and unidirectional motion.
Never give a horizontal move as it would cut the skin.
You could use electric razors, but that might not give you a smooth shave as the traditional blades.
- Easy and simple.
- Doesn't harm the skin.
- Hair grows back quickly, just in 1-2 days.
- Makes the regrown hairs seem thicker.
Waxing is one of the most effective methods to remove the hairs. The process includes applying warm wax in the hair-prone areas and then pulling it off quickly. The hair will be pulled up along with the wax. There are two different kinds of wax kits you could get in the shops.
Wax strips that you will warm up using your hands Meltable wax that you will have warm up before applying.
To use wax, you should clean the area first with clean mild warm water. Then you will have to melt the wax and apply it using a stick that comes with the kit. After the wax is dried, you will have to pull with a quick-sudden stroke. The wax will be pulled off, and it will exfoliate the skin too.
- Cheap and available in the local shops.
- Regular waxing helps you get a smoother skin but not like the natural one.
- The smooth skin will sustain for a longer time.
- Extremely painful.
- Could cause skin irritation and rashes.
- Could cause allergic reactions.
The method, also known as tweezing, is a great solution to your question - how to reduce body hair. In this method, you will use tweezers to pluck the hair from the roots. This method is a bit time consuming as you will be plucking hairs one by one.
The process is straightforward. You will have to clean the region with a warm wet towel. Then pinpoint the hairs you want to remove. Hold your skin and pluck a single hair at a time. The tweezer should be cleaned with alcohol, and if you feel too much pain try applying ice cubes to the skin. Remember to pull the hair in the direction it is facing.
- Plucking will clean the area for three to eight weeks.
- Simple and cheap.
- Could be painful and cause skin irritation.
Depilatory means to use chemical products like creams, gels, and lotions to remove hair. Strong chemicals like sodium or calcium thioglycolates and strontium sulfides are the best examples of depilatories. Basically, the idea is to weaken the protein bonds inside the hair and tear up the hair.
The method takes about ten minutes to remove the hair. You should clean the skin surface and evenly apply the depilatory gel. After giving it the specific time needed, you should wipe it off with a warm towel.
- The process is straightforward and quick.
- Depilatories are comparatively cheap.
- Can cause allergic reaction and skin burn.
- Could make the skin darker. Leaves bad odor. Contains harmful chemicals.
The electrolysis process involves inserting a needle into the hair follicles and emitting a current to eradicate the hair follicles. You will need to consult with your doctor and then seek help from expert electrologists only. While on the electrolysis treatment, you should refrain from using razors and wax.
- Removes the hair permanently.
- Doesn't leave any kind of mark or traces of hair. Makes the skin smooth.
- Comparatively pricey.
- The process takes a lot of time.
- Might seem painful for a lot of people.
- Certified electrologists are rare.
6. Laser Treatment
Laser treatment is the most popular permanent solution for how to stop hair growth. In this process, lasers are used to destroy the hair follicles. You need to consult with professional consultants and discuss the number of sessions you need to remove your body hair. You need to grow your hair naturally for at least six weeks before going to the laser clinic for each batch of treatment.
- Laser treatment is a permanent solution to your hair problem.
- Not as painful as the rest of the methods. More reliable.
- Time-consuming; you will need to have batches of treatment.
- The process is expensive.
- Need to find a certified laser technician.
If you are researching about how to stop hair growth, you should always consult doctors. Using chemical and various treatments have several adverse effects on your skin. So, try to pick the method that suits your skin and makes your skin healthy.